With the weather warming up and most states still abiding by social distancing, many businesses, especially restaurants and catering companies, are moving their operations outside. And while that’s great for consumers, it can pose a challenge for businesses who now have to keep food safe, cool, and nearby while working outside in the heat.
If you’re in the catering business, you know just how frustrating it is to have to run back and forth to a cooler (which never really stays cool enough). And if you rely on ice packs, you know how stressful it can be when you see them start to melt.
Expand Your Catering Company with the Help of Coolit!
From weddings and birthday parties to graduations and corporate events, catering companies do so much more than just serve food and drinks. They also create the menu, shop for ingredients, and clean up for long after you’ve left.
Temperatures Affect Food Safety and Quality
Arguably the most difficult part of catering outdoor events that don’t allow access to a commercial kitchen is keeping food and drinks at ideal temperatures before, during, and after they’re served.
And while every caterer wants their food to taste good and their drinks to be cold, it’s important to remember that refrigeration is a major part of food safety. Whether because food has to travel a long distance or because it has to sit on location for hours, refrigeration is more than just convenient, it’s a necessity.
Refrigeration for all Businesses Needs
Whether you need a refrigerator or a freezer (or both), Coolit! has you covered. We currently offer two different sized walk-in units:
- Coolit-10’ Walk-in coolers. These units are big enough for most jobs, but still small enough to fit into a standard parking lot or even a small warehouse.
- The “Big” Coolit-20’ Walk-in coolers. These are designed to handle bigger catering jobs and feature pallet-size door openings that are capable of using pallet-jacks for loading and unloading.
Most importantly, both of these coolers feature dual-compressor units, allowing you to switch from refrigerator to freezer (and vice versa).
Keeping Your Ingredients Safe All Day and Night
Not all catering events last for just a few hours in the middle of the day. Depending on where you’re working, you may need to keep food on-site for several days. When that’s the case, it’s not possible to keep an eye on your unit at all times.
Fortunately, the safety of your unit is one of our biggest priorities. Every Coolit! unit is equipped with:
- Secure locks. Heavy-duty, turn-key locks ensure your unit remains cool and protected.
- Cameras. Cameras are mounted to the front of each unit, acting as both a natural deterrent and security feature should something happen. All of our cameras record and store footage that can be accessed at any time.
- 24/7 monitoring and emergency service. If your unit is being tampered with or its temperature drops, we’ll let you know right away!
Renting with Coolit!
Do you need a Coolit! commercial refrigerator for a day? A week? The holiday season?
No matter when or how long you need a unit, we’re able to quickly deliver refrigerators thanks to Go Mini’s delivery platform. With convenient drop-off and pick-up times, most units can be delivered within just 72 hours of your initial call.
At Cool It!, our goal is to make things easier for you. If you’re renting a walk-in freezer or portable cold storage, we can deliver it to your location and pick it up the moment you’re done. Cool It! uses the trusted services of Go Mini’s and is available 24/7 by phone.
Give us a call at (877) 960-1377 if you need more information about our walk-in coolers or to place a rental order!